Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Wed 17 Jul 13 at 05:07 AM

Kidderminster Harriers 3-1 Wrexham

On an afternoon to forget for the visitors, our poor Conference record at Hoo Road continued in spectacular fashion as we conceded three goals, had a man sent off and then when we did get the ball in the net, it took the fourth official to persuade the referee it was actually a goal!

Harriers took a lead on 30 minutes through Lolley, then in the second half the same player doubled his team’s tally – although both strikes came seconds after the Welshmen were up the other end of the pitch claiming for penalties.

Adrian Cieslewicz">Adrian Cieslewicz pulled one back despite the ball appearing out of a hole in the net, but 60 seconds after the restart Dunkley headed home a Fowler corner to settle the outcome.

First chance of the game had fallen to the Reds, as Dean Keates’ free kick was floated into the home box and keeper Danny Lewis failed to claim the high cross. The ball bounced on the edge of the six-yard area, but with two green shirts on hand, neither were able to get a boot to the free ball.

The clearance though only went as far as Joe Clarke on the right and his 25-yard effort cleared the Kidderminster crossbar by just a matter of inches.

Shortly afterwards a lovely pass inside by Mark Carrington cut out the home defence with Rob Ogleby running through, but it bobbled away from him as the keeper rushed from his line to claim the ball.

Dragons had a let off on 21 minutes, when a long clearance was headed back towards Joslain Mayebi, but fell short, leaving Michael Gash free to round the stranded keeper. Strangely enough, he passed the ball forward to team mate Amari Morgan-Smith – standing in an offside position, as the goal was gaping.

Then came our claims for a penalty as Ogleby was in on goal, before appearing to be manhandled by Chey Dunkley inside the box – but the free kick went Kidderminster’s way, as the referee saw something that the rest of us missed.

From the restart, the ball then goes straight down the pitch and the home side take the lead through Joe Lolley’s effort from the edge of the area, Jackman pulling his cross back for the the striker to fire home through bodies.

On 40 minutes, a cross into the Wrexham box, saw Mayebi come a long way to only flap at the ball, which dropped for kindly Gash, but Wright was on the post to clear off the line!

A fight back in the last few minutes before break saw the visitors again complaining about decisions that have gone against them.

There was also a free kick on the edge of the home box, Keates laid it square for Bishop, but as the striker peeled off his marker his shot was charged down.

Ht: 1-0

An early free kick to Wrexham saw Keates square for Harris to run onto the ball and his shot struck the cross bar, before bouncing back hitting the diving keeper, but bouncing wide to safety.

A good sweeping attack by Harriers ends with Smith's looping effort carrying past the back post, as Mayebi was scurrying across his goal.

On 55 minutes, Clarke rightly booked for a foul on Jackman, but several home players then pushing Joe a number of times and with two hands - but nothing done to them!

First substitution of the game saw Brett Ormerod replaced byCizzon 60 minutes.

Wrexham conceded a second goal on 63 minutes, in similar fashion to their first - Bishop went down at one end claiming for a penalty, Kiddy went straight to the other end and the ball was on the back of the Wrexham net - Lolley again.

Harris then gets booked for a foul, when he seemed to cleanly in the ball - not our day...

On 70 minutes, Cieslewicz raced through the middle before firing a low shot inside the far post to give us some hope – but wait on, the referee said a goal kick as the ball popped through a hole in the side of the net!

Happily the fourth official puts the referee and assistant right on the matter, but it took some time and then longer to repair the net!

From the restart, Harriers went straight down the field and won a corner. Fowler crossed with pace and Chey Dunkley rose highest to bury the ball with a crashing header and restore the home team’s two-goal advantage.

Within a minute of the third goal, Andy Bishop is fouled by Storer, the Wrexham man pushing the midfielder back in his frustration and gets himself sent off for raising his hands!

Despite six minutes of added time and while an Ashton shot flew across the face of the goal, the game runs out to a home win.

Kidderminster: Danny Lewis, Lee Vaughan, Josh Gowling, Chey Dunkley, Danny Jackman; Kyle Storer, Lee Fowler (Jack Byrne 83); Anthony Malbon; Joe Lolley, Amari Morgan-Smith, Michael Gash (Marvin Johnson 90).
Subs: Nathan Vaughan, Nathan Blissett, Mickey Demetroiu.

Wrexham: Joslain Mayebi, Mark Carrington, Stephen Wright, David Artell, Neil Ashton; Joe Clarke, Dean Keates (Johnny Hunt 83), Jay Harris; Andy Bishop, Brett Ormerod (Adrian Cieslewicz">Adrian Cieslewicz 60), Rob Ogleby (Mark Creighton 83).
Subs: Steve Tomassen, Theo Bailey-Jones.

Referee: Amy Fearn (Leicestershire)

Sending Off -
 Bishop (83, violent conduct)

Bookings -
Kidderminster: Gash (26, foul), Fowler (64, time wasting)
Artell (40, dissent), Clarke (55, foul), Harris (64, foul), Ashton (89, handball)

    Latest Match Reports