Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 at 22:27 PM

Two excellent goals on the night at both the Harriers and Dragons fought out a 1-1 draw at Aggborough. 

No doubt that it was the home team who had the better of the chances, but we showed up much better after the break and deserved a share of the soils. 

Louis Moult wins his appeal and is cleared to play this evening, so retains his place, while Connor Jennings returns for the suspended Andy Bishop. 

In defence, Blaine Hudson is back to partner Manny Smith, while Scott Tancock switches to right back. 

Harriers scored a spectacular goal to take the lead in the first minute when midfielder Aman Verma carried the ball in from the left and left fly with an effort from 30 yards that arrowed into Jon Flatt’s net. 

The on loan keeper made a valiant effort to get at the ball, but he had little chance as was past him in blink. 

The Greens did settle after this early setback but finding a way through to Danny Lewis in the home goal was proving a problem. 

Out of nothing, on 16 minutes, Harriers missed a great double chance as Flatt saved from Verma, the ball spun away, but was headed back into the box and Reece Hales headed wide from close range! 

We won our first corner on 28 minutes, when Wes York’s shot was initially blocked and then Jennings’ effort was deflected away. 

Hudson gets booked for a foul on Hales and that's his fifth (again) so expect another ban on Saturday. 

Harriers get a lift and Reid's shot is palmed away by Flatt for a corner. After we failed to clear it's Reid again, but high this time. 

Just before the break and a couple of Wrexham free kicks round the home box ended with Moult firing straight at keeper Lewis from 12 yards. 

Ht Harriers 1-0 Wrexham 

Elliott Durrell had a run through the middle and tried his luck from distance, but unlike Verma, his effort struck the heels of a retreating Josh Gowling. 

Jennings headed a deep across back into the goalmouth, where Moult laid up York, but his shot from the edge of the box was deflected for another corner. 

Goalscorer Verma was the first Harriers’ player to have his name taken for a foul on Smith. 

Hudson then got in a great low level clearing header, from no more than six inches off the deck. 

Jon Flatt smartly off his line to use his legs to beat Hales to a long through ball. 

Tancock has his name taken for a foul on Matt Robinson on the hour. 

That booking for the on loan Swansea man changed the boss' mind and  Robbie Evans was sent on for Tancock instead 

Within two minutes we were level as a hopeful ball forward was chased down by Connor Jennings, who blasted his effort home from a tight angle with a dipping effort. 

That was something special and certainly lifted the visitors and the travelling fans. 

Manny Smith came to Carra's aid, as he was robbed by sub Ahmed Obeng on the edge of the Wrexham box. 

The next change for the Dragons saw Jay Harris sent on for Durrell with quarter of an hour left. 

Jennings was lucky to escape a yellow card when he brought Marvin Johnson down at the second attempt. 

Another left off for the Welsh men as Robinson’s long range shot struck the base of Flatt’s right hand post 

Substitute Nick Rushton was straight after a long ball and picked up on a poor back pass, squaring for York, but in front of an open goal Wes couldn't make contact! 

A game that saw two spectacular goals, ends in an honourable draw. 

Harriers: Lewis, Nicholson, Grimes, Gowling, Hodgkiss; Robinson, Verma, Byrne, Johnson; Reid (Obeng 71), Hales (Gittings 60). 
Subs: Green, Williams, Long. 

Wrexham: Flatt, Tancock (Evans 61), Smith, Hudson, Ashton; York, Carrington, Clarke, Durrell (Harris 74), Moult (Rushton 83), Jennings. 
Subs: White, Hunt. 

Referee: Richard Wigglesworth (Yorkshire) 
Attendance: 1,645 
Away: 274 

Bookings -
Harriers: Verma (53, foul) 
Wrexham: Hudson (foul), Tancock (60, foul) 

    Latest Match Reports