Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Sat 29 Aug 15 at 19:29 PM

The Dragons continued their fine form and remain unbeaten at home, as they brushed aside FC Halifax Town with a trio of goals.

Javan Vidal opened the scoring on eight minutes, with neat play from Rob Evans feeding the right back through, and his crisp finish with the outside of his boot sailed past Matt Glennon.

Wrexham pressed for a second shortly after, as wingers Wes York and Dom Vose pestered the full-backs, as both saw shots skip agonizingly wide of Glennon’s posts.

After 20 minutes Moke had the fans on their feet as he made a run beating several white shirts, before a one-two with Vose saw him take aim from outside the box, but see it go wide.

Wrexham were pressing and searching for that all important second, which arrived on 28 minutes, with a tremendous individual goal from Vose. The winger beat his marker, before being surrounded by several bodies, he brushed them off with ease however before making a darting run, cutting inside and smashing the ball home from outside the box.

With the score at 2-0, the visitors began to come into the game, and attempted to peg Wrexham into their own half, and did well in doing so two minutes later, as a cross from the right was met by the head of Shay striker Jordan Burrow to reduce the deficit.

Wrexham came close on a couple of occasions, Vose was a menace and got the ball forward well, having shots at goal, one attempt was spilled by Glennon and York chased the ball down but couldn’t get to it.

Rob Evans came close on the edge of the box, whilst York also saw a header go over, seeing us go into the break at 2-1.

Kicking towards the GUS in the second half, Wrexham began the brighter, going forward and seeking to finish off the visitors.

York made another dangerous run getting behind the full-back, and sliding a low cross into the box, just angled behind striker James Gray who couldn’t control the ball to steer towards goal.

The trinity of goals was completed on 55 minutes, as York picked up the ball midway in the Halifax half, he strode forward and shot from 30 yards, deflecting off his marker and wrong footing Glennon to seal the game.

The winger was a nightmare and continued with a few chances, as he latched on to a ball from Evans but couldn’t convert, a fourth seemed imminent, but couldn’t steer it in, but it wouldn’t matter as Wrexham claimed all three points, and go unbeaten in five. Halifax are still yet to register a victory.

Wrexham: Belford, Vidal, Newton, Smith, Fyfield, Vose (A Smith 83), Moke (Carrington (90+3), Evans, Gray (Jackson 80), Jennings, York. 

Subs: Hudson, Fowler. 

FC Halifax Town: Glennon, Bolton, McManus, James, Hutchinson (Walker 46), Bencheriff, Burrow, Roberts, Hibbs (Hamilton 69), Macdonald (Hughes 46), Turton. 
Subs: Trennery, Hattersley.

Referee: Ryan Johnson (Manchester) 
Attendance: 5,622

Away: 170

Booking -
Wrexham: Vose (67, foul) 

    Latest Match Reports