At Wrexham AFC and Wrexham Supporters Trust, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website.
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by Wrexham AFC and Wrexham Supporters Trust, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. For Wrexham AFC and Wrexham Supporters Trust to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable Wrexham AFC and Wrexham Supporters Trust to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
When someone visits our websites, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for Club Membership, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, Vertical Response, to deliver our email communications. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our delivery. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer at [email protected].
When you purchase a ticket (or tickets), merchandise, membership or gift voucher(s) through our online shop your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our Box Office system, Seat Advisor. You may, of course, purchase a ticket (or tickets) in person without supplying the aforementioned personal data. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- regular penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
We will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to ourselves and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Email your request to our data protection officer at [email protected].
Legal basis for Wrexham AFC and Wrexham Supporters Trust processing customer personal data
WREXHAM AFC AND WREXHAM SUPPORTERS TRUST collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of WREXHAM AFC AND WREXHAM SUPPORTERS TRUST , including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting WREXHAM AFC AND WREXHAM SUPPORTERS TRUST , its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to WREXHAM AFC AND WREXHAM SUPPORTERS TRUST ;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against WREXHAM AFC AND WREXHAM SUPPORTERS TRUST ; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about how WREXHAM AFC AND WREXHAM SUPPORTERS TRUST use your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- e-mail us at: [email protected] or
- write to us at:
The Racecourse Ground
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.