Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
20 August 2022 Venue Racecourse Ground Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


Vanarama National League

Advertisement block

Advertisement block


Commentary to begin soon

There are currently no key moments to display.

Are you sure you want to delete this event?

Delete Cancel

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Wrexham AFC 5-0 Maidstone United

Mullin hat-trick fires Red Dragons back to winning ways

20 August 2022

Paul Mullin’s first-ever Wrexham hat-trick fired the Red Dragons to victory, as they beat Maidstone at the Racecourse.

Mullin added to his first goal last weekend at Yeovil, making it four in the Vanarama National League this season after his impressive performance.

Jordan Davies got his first of the season, as he hit a first-time volley sweetly into the bottom corner, past Mersin.

The result gave the Red Dragons their second victory of the season, with the first coming at home against Eastleigh.

Phil Parkinson made four changes from the defeat against Chesterfield, with Anthony Forde, Jacob Mendy, Luke Young, and Jordan Davies making the starting line-up.

Wrexham started the game brightly, with a lot more attacking flair than they did at the Technique Stadium in midweek.

Paul Mullin threatened in the opening stages, as Yusuf Mersin managed to palm away his headed effort, before saving his drilled volley down to his right.

However, Mullin broke the deadlock moments later, as Jordan Davies headed Young’s corner across goal before Mullin cushioned his header into the net.

The midway stages of the first half were comfortable for the Red Dragons, nullifying any potential threat by the visitors.

The Red Dragons came close to making it two, as Aaron Hayden leaped high in the box, but he couldn’t direct it goalbound.

The half came to a close with an excellent five-minute spell by Parkinson’s men, as a superb volley by Jordan Davies made it two-nil.

It soon became three, as Stones defender Joe Ellul was unfortunate to be on the end of a Wrexham corner, which Davies glanced into his path.

Maidstone made one change at the break, with James Alabi replacing Ellul, as they tried to get a foothold in the game.

Unfortunately for the Stones, it was more of the same, as Wrexham started the half as they ended first.

James Jones came close to making it four as his shot somehow missed the bottom corner and nestled into the side netting.

Paul Mullin came close to getting a second on the hour mark, but Mersin was equal to his effort.

He got it moments later from the spot, after referee David Richardson spotted a handball from a Tozer throw, and Mullin converted.

Despite the halftime substitution, the Stones couldn’t find a rhythm to their play, and Mullin got his first ever hat-trick, as his right-footed strike found the bottom corner.

Sam Dalby got his first introduction to life at the Racecourse, as he replaced Ollie Palmer in the final stages to make his home debut.

Wrexham return to action next weekend at the Laithwate Community Stadium against Woking Live on BT Sport.


Wrexham: Howard, Forde (Hosannah 75), Hayden, Tozer, Cleworth, Mendy, Young, Jones, Davies, Mullin (Lee 84), Palmer (Dalby 79)

Subs not used: Watson, O’Connor

Maidstone: Mersin, Hoyte, Ellul (Alabi 46), Fowler, Barham, Odusanya (Vincent 60), Booty, Pattisson (Ghandour 79), Deacon, Woods, Cawley

Subs not used: Hadler, Gurung

Referee: David Richardson

Attendance: 9,863

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account