Ahead of the eagerly-awaited return of supporters to the Racecourse Ground for the 2021/22 season, there are a number of exciting opportunities to join our experienced team of match-day staff.
As we welcome supporters back to the Racecourse Ground for the first time since March 2020, and for the first time since Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds’ takeover of the Club was confirmed, we are looking for staff to help us provide an excellent match-day experience for all supporters.
The following roles are currently available. For more information on how to apply, please see below.
- Match-Day Steward
- Match-Day Ticket & Retail Assistant
- Stadium Food & Beverage Kiosk (Concourse) Bar and Serving Staff
- Stadium Food & Beverage Kiosk (Concourse) Bar and Food Supervisor
- Stadium Food & Beverage Kiosk (Concourse) Cook
- Stadium Food & Beverage Hospitality Bar and Food Supervisor
- Stadium Food & Beverage Hospitality Bar and Food Serving Staff
- Stadium Cleaner
- Match-Day Receptionist
Previous experience is desirable but not essential, as training will be provided. Instead, we are looking for candidates with excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels.
We are looking for reliable and trustworthy staff to join our match-day teams at the Racecourse Ground, with a professional attitude and a flexible approach to work, and who will take pride in, and be dedicated to, their role.
Individuals working for Wrexham AFC should be aligned with our co-chairmen’s guiding principles, in particular: to reinforce the values, traditions and legacy of the Wrexham AFC community; and to understand and respect the intense loyalty and love for our Football Club.
Match-day hours are usually a minimum of five hours per event day, but additional hours may be available depending on the role. Full job descriptions will be provided to successful applicants. The hourly rate is competitive based on experience; individuals applying without experience will start at the minimum living wage.
If you are interested in applying for one of these exciting opportunities to join our team at the Racecourse Ground, and believe you will have the enthusiasm and dedication to make a positive impact on our working environment, please follow the instructions below to apply.
You can view the full Wrexham AFC Mission Statement, as drawn up by co-chairmen Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds, here. With a goal of growing the team, to return it to the EFL in front of increased attendances at an improved stadium, while making a positive difference to the wider community in Wrexham, they are guided by the following four essential principles:
1. To protect the heritage that has made Wrexham AFC and the Racecourse Ground such a special place to watch football for the last 156 years.
2. To reinforce the values, traditions and legacy of this community. We understand and respect the intense loyalty and love for this club and how it’s woven into the fabric of the town and its supporters.
3. To use our resources to grow the exposure of the club. Of course, this would be in concert with protecting the heart and spirit of a community-led historical icon. But why can't the third-oldest club in the world have a global appeal?
4. To reward the faith of the supporters who have stood by Wrexham AFC through its history by putting everything we have towards what all fans want most for their club, and that is to...
WIN, WIN, WIN.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Wrexham AFC are committed to equality, inclusion and diversity of opportunity to ensure we provide fair and non-prejudicial access to the services across the Club.
It is the policy of the club that no person, whether player, job applicant, employee, volunteer or customer, shall be discriminated against.
The club opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination, either direct or indirect, or harassment, on the grounds of the following ‘protected characteristics’: Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage & civil Partnership, Pregnancy & Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex and Sexual Orientation.
Wrexham AFC are committed to ensure vulnerable adults and children are protected and kept safe from harm whilst engaged in services organised and provided by the club and are committed to fulfil its responsibilities by ensuring it displays best practice in safeguarding matters, DBS references will be required where relevant.
Code of Conduct
Wrexham AFC expects the highest standards of integrity and conduct of its employees and volunteers. All staff are expected to follow the club’s Code of Conduct and act in the interests of the club at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Alternatively, send your application by post to FAO Vacancies, Wrexham AFC, Racecourse Ground, Mold Road, Wrexham LL11 2AH
No agencies please