Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

REPORT | Wrexham AFC Youth 4-1 AFC Fylde Youth

Young reds maintain unbeaten start as Evans hits three

3 November 2021

Match Reports

REPORT | Wrexham AFC Youth 4-1 AFC Fylde Youth

Young reds maintain unbeaten start as Evans hits three

3 November 2021

Wrexham Youth continued their unbeaten season in the National League Youth Alliance with a 4-1 drubbing of AFC Fylde.

Kai Evans stole the show with a brilliant hatrick whilst Dan Jones continued his form by finding the back of the net in the first half.

A late consolation from Denim Minor wasn't enough for the Coasters who fell to their first loss of the campaign.

Dan Nolan's side began the day top of the table, leading second placed Altirincham by a point. It took his side less than two minutes to open the scoring after a sensational piece of build-up play.

After some cute passing the ball was eventually found down the left with Jones who played in Evans, who had the freedom of the area to lash the ball home.

Wrexham could have doubled their lead earlier if Owen Cushion hadn't been beaten to a through ball by the goalkeeper or blazed an effort over from close range as the winger looked to capitalise on Wrexham's momentum.

Eventually a second was found, as Evans from distance looked up and drilled the ball in from distance after 24 minutes.

Moments before half-time Jones got involved in the action when he was played through one on one, finishing calmly to make it three.

Half-Time: Wrexham 3-0 AFC Fylde

The second half began brightly with both sides getting forward in spells, but neither really tested either Louis Parr or Cian McPartland in the respective goals.

On 65 minutes the game sprung to life once more, as Aaron James threaded the ball into Cushion who on the turn hit a shot just over the bar. A minute later, captain Tom Jenkins smacked one wide.

A moment of real magic was seen just seconds later via the feet of Evans. He took the ball on 30-yards out before dancing past six defenders, all he had to do was score but his shot was blocked, denying surely the goal of the season.

He would, however, have his hatrick. Substitute Jacob Milner found him with an outrageous pass which was latched on to by the free-firing Evans, who dispatched with a powerful shot from close range.

In the latter stages, Minor did well down the left to force a save from Parr which went out for a corner. From the resulting set-piece Minor headed home to reduce the defecit, but it would ultimately prove fruitless for the visitors.

Wrexham Line-Up: Parr, Bell, James, Hitchcox, Davies, Fountain, Mountfield, Jenkins (c), Cushion, Evans, Jones

Subs: Krol, Milner, Towse, Hughes, Simpson.

Referee: Jamie Leadbitter

Man of the Match: Kai Evans

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account