Wrexham AFC are looking for someone to provide comprehensive administrative support to the Executive and associated departments within the Club. Ensure excellence and best practice in the support to the Club to include the monitoring of a variety of processes for the purpose of co-ordinating daily activities within the Club.
Business Administration Assistant
Wrexham AFC, Racecourse Ground, Mold Road, Wrexham, LL11 2AH
Full-time, 40 hours (including weekends, evenings or bank holidays as fixtures/events dictate)
Competitive based on experience
21st April 2023
- Act as the first point of contact for general external enquiries: answer and direct phone calls; check and respond to emails and other external/internal communications in a timely manner, escalating non-standard queries (including potential complaints) as appropriate
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms and assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Organise and schedule appointments including planning meetings and taking minutes/notes as required
- Book travel arrangements
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures; develop and maintain a filing system and maintain contact lists
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Assisting various departments on matchday and liaising with customers as required by the demands of the business.
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the role.
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take responsibility and care for the health and safety of yourself and other employees and members of the public who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- To comply with all aspects of the Club’s Health & Safety Policy and arrangements, to enable the company to perform its civil and statutory obligations in relation to Health & Safety.
5 x GCSE grade ‘C’ and above including Maths and English
OCR/RSA Level 1 or relevant NVQ Level 1 in Business and Administration (or number of years’ experience usually associated with this level of qualification).
Demonstrated previous administrative experience within a busy office environment.
Fully computer literate, including the use of all Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel etc).
First class organisational and administrative skills, office management, and the ability to anticipate and always prioritise the diverse workload.
Ability to handle and process sensitive data confidentially.
Excellent numeracy skills.
Shorthand and audio transcribing skills are desirable.
Demonstrated attention to detail, organisation and time management skills.
Effective communication skills with experience of communicating to management.
Flexible with working hours to assist with out of hour events/ functions/ conferences etc.
Willing and able to adapt and respond quickly to change.
An outgoing and confident personality, with good interpersonal and social skills.
Able to work using own initiative and as a member of a team.
Able to work effectively under pressure and be resilient
Code of Conduct
Wrexham Football Club expects the highest standards of integrity and conduct in all matters concerning the Club and its employees. The Code of Conduct makes clear the standards of conduct expected from its employees and explains the responsibilities of the Club, as the employer. All employees are expected to always act wholeheartedly in the interests of the Club. Any conduct detrimental to its interests or its relations with its customers, suppliers, the public or damaging to its public image shall be a breach of Club rules and policies. Discriminatory, offensive, and violent behaviour are unacceptable, and any complaints or concerns will be dealt with and acted upon.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Wrexham Football Club are committed to ensuring that equality, inclusion, and diversity of opportunity is at the very heart of everything we do to ensure we provide fair and non-prejudicial access to the services across the Club. We uphold everyone’s freedom of rights and choice to be different and aim to provide opportunities for everyone to succeed. It is the policy of the Club that no person, whether player, job applicant, employee, volunteer, or customer, shall be discriminated against. The Club opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination, either direct or indirect, or harassment, on the grounds of the following ‘protected characteristics’: Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage & civil Partnership, Pregnancy & Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex and Sexual Orientation. Anyone who is found to be in breach of this could receive disciplinary action, which may well include suspension and dismissal.
Wrexham Football Club are committed to and has both a moral and legal obligation to ensure that all children and vulnerable adults are protected and kept safe from harm whilst engaged in services organised and provided by the club and believes that the general wellbeing, welfare and safety of all children and vulnerable adults engaged in club activities is of the upmost importance. The Club will fulfil its responsibilities by ensuring it displays best practice in safeguarding matters, carried out in a spirit of partnership and openness with the child or vulnerable adult, families, and the relevant local authority.
How to apply:
To apply, download and complete an application form. Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can send your application by post to Wrexham AFC, Racecourse Ground, Mold Road, Wrexham, LL11 2AH.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
This role profile is not exhaustive, it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.