Keanu Marsh-Brown has been named in Guyana’s 23-man squad for the CONCACAF Gold Cup preliminary round match against Guatemala.
Marsh-Brown’s Golden Jags take on Guatemala on July 3 in Fort Lauderdale, with the winner of that match then meeting Guadeloupe or the Bahamas four days later for a place in the Finals.
The creative forward has been invited back for pre-season training at Wrexham this summer, having first signed on non-contract terms in April.
But first he will be looking to add to his 15 Guyanese caps as the Golden Jags bid to qualify for the Gold Cup Finals for just the second time – having made their tournament debuts in 2019.
Marsh-Brown played all three matches in that tournament, and most recently earned his 14th and 15th international caps in Guyana’s unsuccessful bid to qualify for the 2022 World Cup.
Wrexham AFC would like to wish Keanu and the Golden Jags all the best for their coming matches.
Keanu recently became the 94th Wrexham player to earn an international cap, joining the likes of Tommy Bamford, Joey Jones, Mickey Thomas, Carlos Edwards and Dennis Lawrence.
Our most recent capped players (since 2000) include;
- 2014 - Dave Artell (Gibraltar)
- 2011 - Louis Moss (Barbados)
- 2008 - Silvio Spann (Trinidad & Tobago)
- 2006 - Chris Llewellyn (Wales)
- 2006 - Mark Jones (Wales)
- 2006 - Steve Evans (Wales)
- 2006 - Michael Ingham (Northern Ireland)
- 2005 - Steve Roberts (Wales)
- 2002 - Dan Bennett (Singapore)
- 2002 - Shaun Holmes (Northern Ireland
- 2001 - Dennis Lawrence (Trinidad & Tobago)
- 2000 - Hector Sam (Trinidad & Tobago)
- 2000 - Carlos Edwards (Trinidad & Tobago)