Each gameweek, The National League's official betting partner LV Bet provides the lowdown of the key matches across the Vanarama National League. Find out all you need to know ahead of Matchday Eight.
Chorley vs Boreham Wood
Saturday evening’s match up at Victory Park between Chorley and Boreham Wood, in front of the cameras, sees two sides looking to kick-start their campaigns with a much needed three points.
Chorley, currently bottom of the table, are searching for a first victory of the season and come into this match off the back of a 5-1 defeat to Notts County. Jamie Vermiglio’s side have at times been stubborn opposition, drawing four of their other six matches so far.
Visitors Boreham Wood are faring marginally better, having picked up an impressive 3-0 win at Dagenham and Redbridge earlier in the month. That marked a three-game unbeaten run from the start of the season but three defeats since have left The Wood just one place above the drop zone.
League position: 24th
Goals for: 5
Goals against: 17
Top scorer: Five players have each scored one goal.
Last three results: L-D-L
League position: 20th
Goals for: 9
Goals against: 10
Top scorer: Kabongo Tshimanga 3
Last three results: L-L-L
Big Match Pointers
Chorley have drawn four of their seven matches so far and are yet to win. Meanwhile Boreham Wood have only won once this season themselves.
Four of Chorley’s last five matches have seen both teams score.
Bromley vs. AFC Fylde
- Second place Bromley are the only remaining unbeaten side in the National League.
- The Ravens have won four in a row.
- Bromley’s Reeco Hackett-Fairchild has four goals to his name already this season.
- Last season’s losing Promotion Finalists AFC Fylde have had mixed form this time around, winning two, losing two and drawing three of their seven matches to date.
FC Halifax Town vs. Solihull Moors
- This fixtures sees 3rd host 4th after both have made strong starts to the season.
- FC Halifax Town have netted 14 times in their 7 matches, a tally bettered only by Solihull Moors’ 16 goals.
- Only leaders Woking have conceded fewer than the five that FC Halifax Town have let in.
- Solihull Moors have three players in the top scorers chart, with Paul McCallum and Nathan Blissett both on four and Jamey Osborne on three.
Sutton United vs. Maidenhead United
- 9th place Sutton United have only tasted defeat once so far this season.
- Maidenhead United in 5th had won three in a row prior to Monday’s home loss to Bromley.
- Harry Beautyman leads the way for Sutton United with three goals this season.
- Daniel Whitehall is Maidenhead’s top scorer, also with three to his name.
Woking vs. Barrow
- Table toppers Woking have won six of their seven matches so far this season.
- The Cardinals have the best defensive record in the division, having conceded just four times.
- 19th place Barrow have seven points from as many games to date.
- Scott Quigley has scored four of their nine goals this campaign.
Wrexham vs. Stockport County
- Wrexham are firmly in midtable, with two wins, three draws and two defeats so far this season.
- Stockport County are two points better off and sit in seventh, the final play-off position.
- Adam Thomas and Elliott Osborne have netted shared six of Stockport’s ten goals so far.
- Wrexham’s Bobby Grant has also found the target three times in the first month of the season.
Top Picks from LV BET
Both teams to score in FC Halifax Town vs. Solihull Moors
A draw between Sutton United and Maidenhead United
Over 2.5 goals in Wrexham vs. Stockport County
Goals in both halves in Woking vs. Barrow
New LVBet customers will get a 50% bonus of up to £50 on first sports betting de-posit. Claim the welcome offer here! (t&c's apply)