REACTION | All Of The Reaction After Sutton United 1-1 Wrexham

Macclesfield Town
Posted:Sun 18 Feb 2018

Third met fourth at Gander Green Lane on Saturday as Wrexham made the trip just south of the big smoke. 

Wrexham's Scott Quigley put the visitors ahead in the 20th minuite. Adding another assist was his strike partner Scott Boden who directed the ball for Quigley to latch on to. He strode through one-on-one to lift the ball over the advancing Butler and in to the net.

Sutton came out all guns blazing for the second half and scored just a minute after the re-start. Simon Walton poked home from close range as Wrexham couldn't handle the pressure from a well delivered corner.

It was end-to-end stuff after that with both sides having chances to win the game. The best change came from subsititute Akil Wright's 30-yard blast which was parried by Butler in the closing moments. It fell to another sub Jonathan Franks but the ball came back to quickly for the new signing who couldn't find the net and the game ended with both teams taking a share of the spoils. 

Manager Dean Keates spoke to the press after the match and said: "I'm disappointed. I think the first half we were the better team going in at half-time.

"Second half they put us under a lot of pressure, but we were a bit naive to concede the goal they way we did."

Catch the full interview here:

The media team spoke to midfielder Marcus Kelly who said: "We came here to try and get three points but it is a draw at the end of the day. 

"We'll take the point and move on to the next game. 

"It was just such a bad time to concede a goal so early on in the second half. As a result we are really disappointed with that, all the lads were really down in the changing room at the end of the game."

Watch the full interview here:

arrow-45degchevron-down chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up cross facebook instagramletter linked-in logo-social-youtubemap-marker minusplay-solidplay plus quote-mark skype tripadvisor twitter whatsapp youtube