Back for 2018 is #ThrowbackThursday! This time we've gone visual and raided the back-catalogue of club DVD's to bring you a new video every Thursday from yesteryear!
We can't promise you a classic every week - but we can promise you a look back at some of the more unusual games!
Lincoln City 1-2 Wrexham
Back we go to 19th August 2011 and a visit to Lincoln City. Wrexham came out on top with two excellent goals from midfielders Jamie Tolley and Jay Harris.
It was the first 'Blue Square Bet Premier' league (now the Vanarama National League) game televised on 'Premier Sports' - long before the BT days!
Mini Match Report
Jay Harris' winner sent Wrexham to the top of the Blue Square Bet Premier.
Harris struck in the 54th minute, his low shot through the home defence beating goalkeeper Joe Anyon.
The visitors' opener was even more spectacular as Jamie Tolley hit the top corner of the net from 25 yards.
Sam Smith scored at the end of a goal-mouth scramble to give the hosts hope, but Lincoln could not make any more inroads despite plenty of pressure.
5 Things About Lincoln City Since
- This was Lincoln's first season in the Conference after being relegated the previous campaign from League Two. They finished the 2011-12 season in 17th place. 12-13 they finished 16th, 13-14 they finished 14th, 14-15 they finished 15th, 15-16 they finished 13th before gaining promotion back to League Two as champions last season.
- This season they won the EFL Trophy at Wembley Stadium. They beat Shrewsbury Town 1-0 in the final thanks to Elliott Whitehouse's 18th minute goal. Along the way to the final they disposed of Chelsea Under 23's, Peterborough United, Rochdale and Accrington Stanley.
- Steve Tilson was the Lincoln manager for the game against Wrexham. He was dismissed two months later and replaced by David Holdsworth. Gary Simpson and Chris Moyses tried their luck in the hot-seat before Danny Cowley presided over promotion last season.
- Since the game, they have won the Lincolnshire Senior Cup in 2014 and The John Reames Memorial Trophy in 2014. They were FA Trophy semi-finalists during the 2016-17 season and Senior Cup runners up in 2011, 2012 and 2015.
- During the 2016-17 FA Cup they reached the quarter-finals becoming the first non-league club to do so since 1914. They beat Guiseley, Altrincham and Oldham Athletic in the early rounds before defeating Championship sides Ipswich Town and Brighton & Hove Albion. Next they upset Premier League side Burnley before being knocked out by Arsenal 5-0.
Lincoln City: Anyon, Sinclair, Watts, Gowling, Nutter, Russell, Power, Fuseini (Perry 74'), McCallum, Taylor (Barraclough 74'), Smith
Substitutes (not used): Hone, Nicolau, O'Keefe
Wrexham: Maxwell, Obeng, Creighton, Knight-Percival, Ashton, Harris, Fowler, Tolley, Morrell, Wright, Speight (Cieslewicz 63')
Substitutes (not used): Mayebi, Taylor, Tomassen, Clarke
Referee: Richard Wigglesworth (South Yorkshire)