Earlier today we announced the signing of Jonathan Franks until the end of the season. The attacker was most recently at Hartlepool United who could not offer him an extended deal because of a transfer embargo at the off-field struggling club.
The 27-year-old was born in Stockon-on-Tees and signed for Hartlepool in the summer of 2017 following a stint in the SPL with Ross County.
He now joins Wrexham just after the window has closed as an out-of-contract player and becomes Dean Keates' 5th signing of the winter period after Akil Wright, Scott Quigley, David Raven and Nicky Deverdics.
What Do We Know About Jonathan?
- Jonathan has played for six clubs including EFL loan spells at Yeovil Town and Oxford United while on the books at Middlesbrough.
- His recent spell at Hartlepool United was his second - having played for the club in the EFL from 2012-2015 after leaving Boro.
- Between these spells at Hartlepool, he played in the Scottish Premier League for Ross County. This was a two-year contract where he made 47 appearances for the club.
- He has made 20 Vanarama National League appearances this season for Hartlepool and scored six goals. This makes him Hartlepool's second top scorer this season.
- Franks can play as a winger or a central striker. He last scored in the National League during a 0-1 win for Hartlepool at Guiseley.
Jonathan Franks In Numbers
1 appearance in the Premier League.
6 clubs played for so far.
6 goals this season.
12 is the number he will wear at Wrexham AFC.
31 career goals
175 cms tall.
265 career appearances.