Earlier today we announced the signing of Nicky Deverdics on an 18-month long contract from fellow Vanarama National League club Hartlepool United.
The 30-year-old was born in Newcastle and signed for Hartlepool in the summer of 2016 following an impressive stint and Dover Atheltic.
He now joins Wrexham on deadline day and becomes Dean Keates' 4th signing of the window after Akil Wright, Scott Quigley and David Raven.
What do we know about Nicky?
- Nicky has played for 12 clubs in 4 counties - England, Scotland, The Faroe Islands and Iceland. Wales is his 5th!
- He has made 348 appearances during his career and scored 39 goals.
- His most friutful spell was at Dover Athletic between 2014 and 2016 where he scored 18 times for the Whites.
- He made his EFL debut for Hartlepool in League Two on 6th August 2016. It was a 1-1 draw against Colchester United.
- He scored his first EFL League Two goal for Hatlepool United on the 22nd November 2016, a 2-0 win over Accrington Stanley.
- Nicky has made 30 appearances this term for Hartlepool United scoring twice with 7 assists. He was sent off against his former club Dover in December and has played most of the season out of position at left-back due to squad injuries.
Nicky Deverdics In Numbers
4 countries played in.
7 assists this season.
11 is the shirt number he will wear at Wrexham AFC.
12 clubs played for.
14 National League goals in one season for Dover.
39 career goals
180 cms tall.
348 career appearances.