Wrexham AFC are delighted to announce details of a special Grassroots Youth Football Day.
Our home league match against Dagenham and Redbridge on Saturday, 9th February, will see us offer FREE match tickets to children registered with local youth clubs, with accompanying adults able to claim a discounted ticket for just £10 (full terms and conditions apply and are listed below).
One attending club will also be drawn at random to be special match mascots for the game. All attending children from the winning team will get the chance to lead the players out wearing their club’s colours.
All attending clubs will have exclusive use of the lower tier of the GUS stand. There is a limited number of tickets available for this event and they will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
Robert Stock, WST Governing Body director, has organised the event and explained: "Wrexham AFC are fully aware of the thousands of children who play for local junior football clubs and recognise the dedication they have for the beautiful game.
"We would love to help them experience the passion and excitement of a match at the Racecourse, and hope the game will act as a rewarding day out for all attending clubs"
Terms and Conditions:
1) This offer is open to any club currently playing in either the Macron Wrexham and District Youth League or the Queensferry Sports Flintshire Junior and Youth Football League.
2) To take advantage of the offer, the team must have endorsement from a club official. Each club must nominate one adult to be in sole charge of the bookings and act as group leader. Information on how to order and pay for tickets is given below.
3) The Club Secretary of the teams may be required to prove their attending players are registered to the football club.
4) There must be a minimum child : adult ratio of 5:1 attending, with a maximum ratio of 1 adult per child. There will be a maximum limit of 20 children per attending team.
5) Tickets are limited in number and will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
6) Arranging transport to/from the stadium on the matchday will be the responsibility of the attending clubs.
7) It is the responsibility of attending adults to supervise children in their group for the duration of the visit.
8) The free draw to be special mascots will be made at 6pm on Monday, 4th February, so only teams that have purchased tickets by this date will be entered in this competition. The winning team will be contacted by phone and full details given to them.
To apply for tickets the group leader will need to complete the ticket order form attached below (copies will also be available in the club shop) from Monday, 14th January.
Tickets will be printed immediately and given to the group leader to distribute. Please note that this ticket offer will not be available on the day of the game.
If you have any questions about this event please email [email protected]